Ms Chen has been with Skrine since her call to the Malaysian Bar in January 1968. She became a partner in January 1974 and was the first female partner of Skrine.
She spent the first 12 years of her legal career in general litigation before switching to corporate work.
Prior to her retirement in December 2009, she was the Head of the Corporate Division as well as a Senior Partner at Skrine. She became a Consultant at the firm in January 2010.
Throughout much of her legal career, she has participated and continues to participate, in various committees and working groups of the Malaysian Bar Council, being keenly interested in professional issues affecting the legal profession in Malaysia, including the admission of foreign lawyers and the introduction of limited liability legal partnerships in Malaysia.
- Called to the Brunei Bar in May 1996
- Called to the Malaysian Bar in January 1968
- LL.B (Hons), University of Singapore, 1967
- Non-executive independent director, Eastern & Oriental Bhd
- Non-executive independent director, HSBC Bank Malaysia Bhd
- Member, Advocates and Solicitors Disciplinary Board (2010-2017)
- Deputy Chair, Legal Professional Committee, Malaysian Bar Council
- Member, Trade in Legal Services Committee, Malaysian Bar Council
- Presenter, “E-Commerce Regulation in Malaysia”, Inter-Pacific Bar Association, Vancouver, May 2000
- Presenter, “Investment and Joint Ventures in the Pacific-Rim Region and Asia”, a seminar organised by the Mori Sogo Law Offices, Japan, November 1996
- Author, “Telecommunications Regulation in Malaysia”, Bank of America’s Guide to Telecommunications in Asia, 1996
- Submitted a paper on “The Legal and Regulatory Framework for Direct Investment in Malaysia”, a seminar organised by the Asahi Law Offices, Japan, 1995
- Presenter,” Financial Institutions Regulations and Transactional Regulations in Malaysia”, annual meeting of the Inter Pacific Bar, May 1995
- Presenter, “Mediation as an alternative dispute resolution”, a seminar organised by the Pacific Rim Advisory Council, 1995
- Presenter, “Hi-Tech Industry in Malaysia”, a seminar organised by the Pacific Rim Advisory Council, 1995
- Presenter, “Legal Aspects of Debt Recovery and Credit in Malaysia”, Debt Symposium for Asia and the Pacific, organised by the Asian Development Bank, June 1993