Webinar: Disrupted, Yet Getting Ready for the Next Big One: Are Boards Ready for Climate Change?
04 June 2020
As countries implement lockdowns and social distancing measures in these times, we have seen lesser pollution and clearer skies. Covid-19 has certainly brought serious disruption to businesses and people’s lives around the world.
How can we use this experience to respond to climate change risks and its implications?
Join us in this webinar with SKRINE’s Environmental & Governance Practice Group where together with Climate Governance Initiative Malaysia and a panel of experts from Bank Negara Malaysia, the World Economic Forum and the Commonwealth Climate and Law Initiative we bring to you a discussion on urgent issues for boards, financial institutions, senior management & inhouse counsel on:
- The need to redefine short term measurement of success into long term perspectives
- Why boards and financial institutions can no longer wait to integrate climate change risks into their decision making
- Director’s duties to act with care, skill & diligence in context of climate change risks
- Case studies on climate change litigation against companies
You may email us any question or issue which you wish to raise during this webinar at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Panel Members & Moderator:
- Fraziali Ismail, Assistant Governor, Bank Negara Malaysia
- To’ Puan Janet Looi, Head of Corporate Division & Environmental and Governance Practice Group, Skrine
- Silvio Dulinsky, Member of Executive Committee, World Economic Forum
- Ellie Mulholland, Director, Commonwealth Climate and Law Initiative
- Joshua Brown, Community Lead, Business Engagement - Asia Pacific, World Economic Forum
- Datin Sunita Rajakumar, Founder, Climate Governance Initiative Malaysia
Limited Places Available. Register here.