Covid-19: RMCO Regulations Further Amended
15 July 2020
- By replacing the prohibition against ‘organising sports event and tournament, and sports event and tournament’ with ‘sports event and tournament with spectators in attendance, and sports event and tournament involving participants from overseas entering Malaysia’;
- By removing the prohibition against the following activities-
- Contact sports; and
- Cruise ship activities.
The standard operating procedures that are to be complied with for the resumption of the above activities have yet to be uploaded to the National Security Council’s website as at this morning.
With the amendments under the Amendment No.2 Regulations, the prohibited activities, as set out in the Schedule to the RMCO Regulations, are as follows-
- Sports event and tournament with spectators in attendance, and sports event and tournament involving participants from overseas entering Malaysia;
- Outbound tour activities by a citizen and inbound tour activities involving foreign tourists entering Malaysia except foreign tourists from countries specified by the Minister;
- Activities in pubs and night clubs, except restaurant business in pubs and night clubs; and
- Any activity with many people in attendance at a place making it difficult to carry out social distancing and to comply with the directions of the Director General of Health.
Our Alerts on the RMCO Regulations and the Prevention and Control of Infectious Diseases (Measures within Infected Local Areas) (No. 7) (Amendment) Regulations 2020 are available here