Witter is a commercial litigator. He has advised and acted for various multi-national corporations, local and overseas companies in a variety of commercial disputes and arbitrations. He has particular experience in professional liability matters, acting for insurers in defending negligence suits against lawyers.
He has appeared at all tiers of Malaysian Courts as counsel and co-counsel
Key Practice Areas
- Arbitration & Alternative Dispute Resolution,
- Banking & Finance
- Corporate & Commercial Disputes,
- Landlord & Tenant
- Product Liability,
- Insurance Professional Indemnity
- Professional Liability/Negligence
- Land Acquisition
- Debt Recovery
- Acted for a notable local port operator in an arbitration under the UNCITRAL rules commenced by an international oil and gas company in a dispute arising out of a fire incident. The value of claims amount to about USD25 million. Seat of arbitration - Malaysia
- Acted in an arbitration under the PAM Arbitration Rules with the seat in Malaysia. The dispute arose out of the sub- contractor’s failures to perform its contractual obligations.
- Acted for an Asian leading technology company in an arbitration under the SIAC rules commenced by its Japanese shareholder. The value of claims amount to about RM30 million. Seat of arbitration - Singapore
- Advised the sovereign wealth fund of the Government of Malaysia in making a claim against a well- known film studio in the United States for profits due and owing under FIMI contract.
- Defended a Government Linked Company in a claim brought by its main contractor in respect of recovery for payments due and payable.
- Defended a British Multinational Insurance and financial services company against a suit brought by the nominee under an insurance policy.
- Advised various Government Linked Companies on various legal issues.
- Advised a Japanese insurance company on product liability laws in Malaysia.
- Appeared as co-counsel for a reputable property developer in a dispute between the developer and its purchasers.
- Acted as co- Counsel for the Port Klang Authority and Dato’ Lee Hwa Beng in misfeasance suit filed by Kuala Dimensi Sdn Bhd
- Acted as lead counsel at the Federal Court for a private Hospital involving employment dispute with its medical specialist.
- Acted for various foreign companies for recovery of losses arising out of glove scam transaction.
- Appeared as co-counsel for insurers to defend negligence suits against lawyers.
- Appeared as co-counsel for local newspapers and housing developers in various defamation actions.
- Appeared as co-counsel for a multinational property developer in a judicial review against land acquisition by the local authority where the High Court set aside the land acquisition on the sole ground of mala fide.
- Appeared as counsel in various eviction cases involving squatters.
- Acted for licensed casino in Philippines in respect of recovery of sums due and owing under credit facilities.
- Acted for one of Singapore’s largest licensed casino in suits involving the challenge the registration of Singapore judgment in Malaysia involving gambling debt at the High Court up to Federal Court.
- Advocate and Solicitor, High Court of Malaya (2012)
- LL.B (Hons), Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia (2011)
- Malaysian Bar, member
- International Bar Association, member
- Harbans Kaur Kesar Singh, Ranjit Singh Mahindar Singh, And Mundeep Singh Mahindar Singh (suing as the beneficiaries of the estate of Mahindar Singh Nika Singh) & Ors v. Associated Pan Malaysia Cement Sdn Bhd & Anor  10 CLJ 272
- Premier Consortium Sdn Bhd v Ho May Leng & Ors  1 LNS 1243
- Americk Singh Sidhu v The New Straits Times Press (M) Bhd  MLJU 937
- Kumarappan @ Thannirmalai Km Palaniappan v Kiranjit Kaur Jagjit Singh & Ors  1 LNS 1431
- S. Selvam Samikanu v Messrs Krish & Kiew, A Firm  MLRHU 1
- Argus Advance Technology (M) Sdn Bhd v Palaya Rengaiah (practicing under the name and style of Messrs Palaya & Partners)  6 AMR 877
- Dato' Ks Sivananthan V. Pendaftar Pertubuhan Malaysia, Perak & Ors  1 LNS 430
- Resorts World At Sentosa Pte Ltd v Andrew Kam Tai Yeow  2 AMR 700
- Hale Medical Supply LLC v Skyfield Design & Build Sdn Bhd & Ors  MLJU 650
- Wong Ing Tong v Yap Piat Eng & Anor and Other Appeals  4 CLJ 882
- Assisted in a talk on "Banking Litigation – Legal Process and Practical Challenges" at the 67th Head of Regional Corporate Remedial Management Meeting of Malayan Banking Berhad in 2012
- “I hereby assign to thee, absolutely” Skrine Legal Insights 2/2015 also published in Current Law Journal (CLJ) at
 1 LNS(A) i.
- “Court thwarts overzealous acquisition” Skrine Legal Insights 2/2017
- “Now, everyone can sue” Skrine Legal Insights 4/2018
- “Vacant possession: A Developer’s Horror Story” Skrine Legal Insights 4/2019
- “Federal Court: Time for Delivery of Vacant Possession Runs from Date of Payment of Booking Fee” Skrine Alert, January 2021 and lexology
- “Worldwide Mareva Injunctions - An update on Malaysian Law” Skrine Alert, June 2021 and lexology
- Co - Author, “The Genesis of Worldwide Mareva Injunction and its application in Malaysia”  LR 193
- “Federal Court Affirms Test For Ascertaining The Relationship Between A Private Hospital And A Medical Professional Practising Therein” Skrine Alert, April 2022 and lexology
- "Can a parking lot which is an accessory parcel be used or dealt with independently of the main parcel?” Skrine Alert, April 2022 and lexology
- “Developer May Not Use Non-Contracted Material Without Buyer's Consent” Skrine Alert, July 2022 and lexology
- Conducted internal talk on land fraud and trial preparation.
- Conducted talk on basic civil trial process at the office of Blackflag Sdn Bhd, the production company behind the Polis Evo franchise.
- Conducted lecture on prerogative writ at the Faculty of Law, Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia.