Witter is a commercial litigator. He has experience in a variety of commercial disputes and arbitrations. He has particular experience in professional liability matters, acting for insurers in defending negligence suits against lawyers.
Key Practice Areas
- Commercial Litigation and Arbitration
- Professional Liability
- Land Acquisition and Land Law
- Assisted in an arbitration under the UNCITRAL rules with the seat in Malaysia. It involved a dispute between a notable local port operator and an international oil and gas company arising out of a fire incident. The value of claims amount to USD25 million.
- Assisted in an arbitration under the PAM Arbitration Rules with the seat in Malaysia. The dispute arose out of the sub-contractor’s failures to perform its contractual obligations.
- Advised and assisted the sovereign wealth fund of the Government of Malaysia on making its claim against a well-known film studio in the United States for sums due and owing.
- Assisted a local franchise bakery chain in defending a suit brought by its contractor for payments due and payable under contract.
- Assisted in defending a claim against a Government Linked Company brought by its main contractor in respect of recovery for payments due and payable.
- Assisted in defending a British multinational insurance and financial services company against a suit brought by the nominee under the insurance policy for the policy monies.
- Appeared as junior counsel for a reputable property developer in a dispute between the developer and its purchasers.
- Appeared as junior counsel for insurers to defend negligence suits against lawyers.
- Appeared as junior counsel for a multinational property developer in a judicial review against land acquisition by the local authority where the High Court set aside the land acquisition on the sole ground of mala fide.
- Appeared as junior counsel in various eviction cases involving squatters.
- Advocate and Solicitor, High Court of Malaya (2012)
- LL.B (Hons), Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia (2011)
- Author, “Court thwarts overzealous acquisition”, Skrine’s Legal Insights 2/2017
- Author, “I hereby assign to thee, absolutely”, Skrine’s Legal Insights 2/2015 (also published in Current Law Journal (CLJ) at  1 LNS(A))