Suet Mey is a disputes lawyer with the Constructon and Engineering practice. Her work portfolio comprises mainly of construction and engineering disputes, arbitration, adjudication and civil litigation.
Key Practice Areas
- Construction Litigation, Arbitration and Adjudication
- Civil Litigation
- Acted as junior counsel for a subsidiary company of a large Malaysian oil and gas services company in an AIAC arbitration relating to a power plant in Sabah for delays in completion of the construction of the power plant involving the sum in excess of RM 200 million.
- Acted as junior counsel for a large Malaysian developer in an AIAC arbitration relating to the construction of an iconic neighbourhood shopping mall and office tower in Petaling Jaya for delays in the construction of the shopping mall and office tower.
- Co-counsel for a Malaysian social security institution in an AIAC arbitration involving defective tiling works on the outer wall of two connected towers in Penang.
- Acted as junior counsel for a Malaysian airport operator in a suit filed against the company involving claims for acceleration of works and extensions of time in relation to the upgrading works at the Penang International Airport.
- Acted as junior counsel for a Malaysian airport operator in an application to stay the court proceedings pending arbitration at the High Court, Court of Appeal and Federal Court. See High Court grounds of judgment in Syarikat Pembinaan Anggerik Sdn Bhd v Malaysia Airports Holdings Berhad  1 LNS 1971.
- Acted as junior counsel for a Malaysian public listed company in an arbitration relating to idling claims brought by a sub contractor.
- Acted as junior counsel for a subsidiary of a large Malaysian public listed company in a suit filed against it for supply and delivery of ready mixed concrete.
- Acted as junior counsel for a Malaysian public listed company in a High Court suit filed against it involving the completion of a building known as The Crest in Kuala Lumpur. The sums claimed are in excess of RM 30 million.
- Acted as junior counsel for a landowner in proceedings to enforce an arbitration award in the High Court and a subsequent challenge to the enforcement of the arbitration award.
- Acted as junior counsel for a large Malaysian developer in adjudication proceedings brought against it in the sum of approximately RM 100 million in relation to construction works for a shopping mall and office tower in Petaling Jaya.
- Acted as junior counsel for a subsidiary of a large Malaysian developer in adjudication proceedings brought against it in relation to air conditioning and mechanical ventilation services for a project in Johor.
- Acted as junior counsel for a Malaysian airport operator in adjudication proceedings brought against it in relation to upgrading works at the Penang International Airport.
- Acted as junior counsel for a leading developer in Penang in a dispute brought by a joint management body of a large residential and commercial development in Penang in relation to maintenance charges and sinking fund contribution.
- Successfully acted as junior counsel for an individual in winding up a developer company.
- Acted as junior counsel for an environmental engineering company in an application for a mandatory injunction in the High Court to obtain delivery of pressure vessels.
- Acted as junior counsel for a developer in the High Court and Court of Appeal relating to a suit brought by a purchaser for disputes arising the terms of the sale and purchase agreement entered into. The main issue was whether the subject property had been constructed using a quality of materials and in accordance with a standard of workmanship that would commensurate with the purchase price of the subject property.
- Advocate and Solicitor, High Court of Malaya (2014)
- Barrister-at-Law (Lincoln’s Inn) (2013)
- LL.M in International Commercial Law, Cardiff University (2012)
- LL.B (Hons), University of East Anglia (2011)
- Young Members’ Group of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators Malaysia (YMG CIArb)
Authored the following articles:
Delivered the following presentations:
- Authored “Malaysia’s Landmark Judgment: Government of India v Petrocon India Limited”, CIArb Malaysia website
- Co-authored “Tug of War” (Legal Insights)
- Conducted a talk on Legal Research in Skrine.