Alyshea is a senior associate in the Intellectual Property and TMT practice. Her work focuses on intellectual property litigation and advisory as well as civil and commercial litigation.
She continues to represent local and foreign clients in a wide range of disputes across various industries that include food and beverage, automotive, information technology, fashion goods and household goods.
Key Practice Areas
- IP Litigation and Enforcement
- Branding, Franchising and Licensing
- Product Liability, Hire Purchase and Consumer Protection
- Civil and Commercial Litigation
- Part of team that represents world-known direct selling company at various levels of Court in disputes involving infringement of industrial design and trademark, trade libel, defamation and breach of confidential information.]
- Part of team that represented Malaysian producer and distributor of rice in dispute involving trademark infringement, passing off, copyright infringement and unlawful interference with trade.
- Part of team that represented multi-national company in highly contested franchise dispute involving a popular bubble tea franchise in applications for interim measures to prevent replication of its franchised business pending foreign arbitration.
- Part of team that represented a local industrial manufacturer and supplier of thermal insulation liners in patent dispute.
- Represented various local and foreign clients in sending out take-down notices for among others, trademark infringement, copyright infringement, passing off and personality impersonation.
- Assisted in execution of various Anton Piller orders, coordinating raids carried out by the Enforcement Officers of the Ministry of Domestic Trade and Consumer Affairs, for various clients including a rubber glove manufacturer and supplier, an international sports and lifestyle brand and an international chain of themed restaurants and memorabilia.
- Part of team acting for a beneficiary in a cross-border estate dispute surrounding misappropriation of assets belonging to the estate of deceased in Malaysia, Hongkong and Shanghai, including obtaining injunctive reliefs to prevent further dealing with the assets.
- Part of team that acted for a company in a RM1.2 billion court action involving Timber Licences to be issued by the State Government of Sabah in respect of 288,138 hectares of forest reserve in Sipitang Sabah. This case involved court actions before the Kuala Lumpur and Kota Kinabalu courts and included civil actions, restraining order applications and judicial review proceedings before the courts.
- Acted as co-counsel in defending multinational automotive company in product liability dispute.
- Acted as co-counsel in civil disputes including product liability, defamation and breach of contract claims.
- Advised and acted for multinational automotive company in various hire purchase disputes.
- Advised a listed corporation in the leisure and hospitality industry on all aspects of their business.
- Advocate and Solicitor, High Court of Malaya (2014)
- Barrister-at-Law (Lincoln’s Inn) (2013)
- LL.B (Hons), Aberystwyth University (2010)
- Author, “Fifty shades darker for grey goods”, Lexology and Skrine’s Legal Insights, June 2022
- Author, “The Patents (Amendment) Bill 2021”, Skrine’s Legal Insights, January 2022
- Author, “Patented Vaccines: Is Waiving The Way Forward?”, Lexology, June 2021.
- Author, “Are you too cool to pool?”, Skrine’s Legal Insights, July 2020 and Mondaq, November 2020.
- Author, “Trademarks Act 2019: What is invoked to revoke?”, Skrine’s Legal Insights, December 2019.
- Author, “Infringing Website List: Turning Off the Taps”, Skrine’s Legal Insights, January 2018 and Mondaq, June 2020.
- Author, “A Snippet of Fairness”, Skrine’s Legal Insights, June 2016.
- Author, “Series Trademark”, Japan Patent Office, January 2015.
Author, “Expiry of Copyright”, Skrine’s Legal Insights, April 2014.