Vinayaga is a litigator with more than 25 years experience in commercial, corporate, banking and finance and insolvency litigation. He appears frequently in the High Court and the appellate courts as lead counsel. He has represented many local and foreign institutions in corporate and commercial disputes involving substantial monetary claims and complex legal issues.
Vinayaga has provided banking and insolvency consultancy legal services to asset management departments of banking institutions. He was also involved in many restructuring/debt settlement and workouts of major companies in Malaysia and the Asia-Pacific Region.
Key Practice Areas
- Banking and Finance Litigation
- Restructuring and Insolvency
- Commercial Litigation and Arbitration
- Accredited Mediator (2007)
- Advocate and Solicitor, High Court of Malaya (1990)
- Barrister-at-Law (Lincoln’s Inn) (1989)
- LL.B (Hons) Manchester (1988)
- Listed as a “Leading Lawyer” in insolvency and restructuring by asialaw Leading Lawyers in 2009, 2010 and 2011.
- Listed as one of the “Business Lawyers (Commercial Litigation)” by Who’s Who Legal in 2012, 2013 and 2014.
- Listed as one of the “Preeminent” litigation practitioners in Malaysia by Benchmark Asia Pacific 2014.