Ratha is a partner in the firm's Banking and Finance Litigation practice. She has considerable experience acting for banks in debt recovery actions of Islamic and Conventional facilities as well as foreclosure proceedings and bankruptcy actions against debtors. She has conducted interlocutory proceedings, trials, appeals and applications at all levels of the Malaysian Courts.
Key Practice Areas
- Banking and Finance Litigation
- Recovery of Islamic and Conventional Facilities
- Civil Litigation
- Personal Bankruptcy
- Acted for a bank in a loan recovery action against a private limited company in respect of an Islamic financing facility amounting to RM114 million.
- Acted for a bank in an Islamic Financing Facility recovery action against a company amounting to RM23 million.
- Acted for a US based company in respect of a claim amounting to RM12 million.
- Acted for developers to resist LAD claims.
- Advised clients on various aspects relating to Islamic and Conventional Finance and documents.
- Advised banks and companies on restructuring.
- Advocate and Solicitor, High Court of Malaya (2007)
- LL.B (Hons), University of Malaya (2007)
- Asia 40 Under 40 2021 – Asian Legal Business