Loshini focuses on construction litigation, arbitration and adjudication. She is experienced in the field of adjudication, representing clients in payment disputes arising from various type of construction contracts.
She is also experienced in domestic arbitration, arbitration related applications before the Malaysian Courts and litigation concerning construction, engineering, oil & gas, and energy contracts.
Key Practice Areas
- Construction Litigation, Arbitration and Adjudication
- Oil & Gas, and Energy Disputes
- Construction Inquiries and Investigations
- Represented a Malaysian company in an ad hoc arbitration against a government body concerning disputes arising from the construction of a solid waste treatment plant with an amount in dispute of more than RM40 million.
- Representing a public listed company in a KLRCA arbitration concerning claims arising from the construction of a cooling water pump house for a 2 x 300 MW power plant with an amount in dispute of approximately RM36 million.
- Representing a subsidiary of a Malaysian construction company in an ad hoc arbitration in a dispute concerning the construction of a mixed development involving one block shopping mall and two office tower blocks with an amount in dispute of more than RM100 million.
- Represented a Government linked oil and gas corporation against the rig owner in a dispute for claims arising from breach of contract and negligence due to collision of a rig.
- Advised a leading oil and gas company in relation to the suspension of a licence to undertake upstream consulting work pursuant to an EPCIC Alliance for an LNG Regasification Facilities Project which involved the engineering, procurement, construction management, installation and supervision of the design and construction of a LNG Regasification Unit.
- Represented the architect in a Commission of Inquiry set up by the Chief Minister of Penang to inquire into the cause of collapse of the UMNO Tower.
- Advised the subcontractor in a Commission of Inquiry set up by the Chief Minister of Penang to inquire into the cause of the failure of temporary structures at Tanjung Bungah.
- Advocate and Solicitor, High Court of Malaya (2011)
- LL.M, University of Manchester (2011)
- Barrister-at Law (Inner Temple) (2009)
- LL.B (Hons), Cardiff University (2008)
- Vice Chairman, Society of Construction Law Malaysia
- Committee Member, Chartered Institute of Arbitrators Malaysia Branch
- Vice Chairperson, Young Members Group CIArb Malaysia Branch
- Member, Malaysian Inner Temple Alumni Association
Authored the following articles:
- Panel author, on the topic of mediation, LexisNexis PSL, 2017.
- Co-author, “A commentary on the Malaysian Court of Appeal case of Chain Cycle Sdn Bhd v Government of Malaysia”, Chartered Institute of Arbitrators, Malaysia Newsletter, 2016
- Author, “CIPAA: Backward or Forward?”, Skrine’s Legal Insights, 2015
- Author, “A Nuclear Weapon in Law – Mareva Injunction”, Skrine’s Legal Insights, 2013.