Jocelyn focuses on construction and engineering disputes. Her clients include foreign multinationals and local companies. She also advises on and is well-versed with all major standard forms of construction and consultancy contract, including FIDIC, PAM, JKR or Public Works Department (PWD), CIDB, IEM and BEM forms, and on a wide range of bespoke construction contracts. Her practice includes advising on issues relating to consultants, architects, engineers, quantity surveyors and project managers.
Jocelyn sits as an adjudicator and is a panel adjudicator and arbitrator of the Asian International Arbitration Centre (AIAC).
Key Practice Areas
- Construction Litigation, Arbitration and Adjudication
- Construction Compliance and Advisory
- Acted as co-counsel for a contractor in an arbitration for a claim in excess of RM150 million relating to a PWD contract for the design, installation, commissioning and maintenance of a single integrated healthcare information and communication technology system for government hospitals nationwide.
- Acted as co-counsel for a main contractor in an arbitration for a claim in excess of RM20 million relating to a PAM 2006 standard form construction contract for a mixed development project.
- Acted as co-counsel for a multinational rail company in defending a claim in the High Court relating to a supply contract for the Kelana Jaya Line Extension project.
- Acted as co-counsel for a piling company in Malaysia in its successful appeal to the Court of Appeal for its claim of damages under a subcontract relating to a government building project  4 MLJ 37.
- Acted as co-counsel for a subcontractor in an adjudication disputes for a claim in excess of RM10million relating to a subcontract for an army camp.
- Acted as co-counsel for a subcontractor in successfully applied for an enforcement of adjudication decision as judgment and successfully defended the corresponding setting aside application  MLJU 1567.
- Acted as co-counsel for a public listed property development company in the High Court in resisting a claim by a joint management body of a commercial building.
- Acted as co-counsel against a developer in the High Court in claiming for outstanding liquidated damages and guaranteed rentals arising under sales and purchase and tenancy agreements.
- Advised and acted as co-counsel in an arbitration for a Malaysian airport company for a claim of approximately RM298 million involving various construction issues and professional liability issues on Malaysia’s new Kuala Lumpur International Airport terminal project.
- Advising a Malaysian airport operator on issues relating to aeronautical charges and late payment charges.
- Advised the works contractor on the construction and completion of the works relating to the Klang Valley Mass Rapid Transit (KVMRT) project.
- Advised the consortium, which includes a leading multinational infrastructure company headquartered in the UK, on its bid for the engineering, procurement, construction, testing and commissioning contract for the performance of track works relating to the KVMRT project.
- Advised an East Malaysia power plant owner on liquidated damages and extension of time issues arising from a backbone transmission line project.
- General advisory work on a broad spectrum of construction, engineering and infrastructure legal issues including tender, project documentation, statutory registration requirements.
- Advocate and Solicitor, High Court of Malaya (2009)
- Barrister-at-Law (Lincoln’s Inn) (2008)
- LL.M, University of Northumbria (2008)
- LL.B (Hons), University of Northumbria (2006)
- ICC-YAF representative (Malaysia) 2017/2019
- Vice President, Malaysian Society of Adjudicators (2017/2018)
- Former chair, Young Members Group of CIArb (2015/2017)
- Member, Society of Construction Law Malaysia
- Panel Adjudicator, Asian International Arbitration Centre (AIAC)
- Fellow, Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (CIArb)
Authored the following articles:
- Panel author for LexisNexis’ newly launched Lexis PSL
- Author, Developments in Statutory Adjudication in 2017, Skrine’s Legal Insights Issue 01/2018 (republished in International Law Office’s publication on 21 May 2018)
- Author, The Development of Statutory Adjudication in Malaysia, Skrine’s Legal Insights Issue 04/2016 (republished in International Law Office’s publication on 26 June 2017)
- Author, Rough Justice, Skrine’s Legal Insights Issue 03/2013
- Author, Aligning Arbitration in India with International Practice, Skrine’s Legal Insights Issue 04/2012
Presented the following talks:
- Speaker, International Chambers of Commerce (ICC) Young Arbitrators Forum South Asia Regional Conference 2018, Goa India, 7-9 December 2018
- Speaker, International Chambers of Commerce (ICC) Young Arbitrators Forum, 2 March 2018
- Speaker, International Chambers of Commerce (ICC) Young Arbitrators Forum, 17 March 2017
- Speaker, Chartered Institute of Arbitrators’ International Arbitration Conference 2017, Dubai, 8-9 March 2017
- Organising Chair, 1st Regional Conference of the Young Members Group of CIArb (Malaysia Branch), 19 August 2016