Hafidah is a member of Skrine’s Banking and Finance practice group. Admitted to practice in 1995, Hafidah predominantly focuses in the areas of Islamic finance and capital markets and is able to advise clients on various Shariah financing concepts. Hafidah’s expertise has been called upon by numerous financial institutions in relation to their Islamic and conventional financing documentation for use domestically and abroad. She also creates financial institutions' template documents in accordance with the various shariah products and updates their template documents to ensure compliance with the Bank Negara’s guidelines.
In addition to financing related matters, Hafidah maintains an active real estate and corporate advisory practice pursuant to which she advises clients on a diverse range of matters including mergers & acquisitions, joint ventures, development agreements, consortium agreements, leasing agreements and conveyancing matters.
Hafidah currently also serves as an Independent Non-Executive Director of Awanbiru Technology Berhad (previously known as Prestariang Berhad).
Key Practice Areas
- Banking and Finance
- Capital Markets
- Real Estate
- Corporate Advisory
- Drafting and advising joint lead arrangers and syndicated lenders on various syndicated financing facilities.
- Advised several financial institutions on the preparation of their standard financing agreements for use locally and abroad.
- Drafting and providing legal assistance on Islamic trade financing facilities granted by several financial institutions to various companies.
- Drafting and advising a Turkish company with respect to the USD600 million Sukuk Al Ijarah Wa Intifa’ facility for the financing of the construction of 100,000 homes in Turkey.
- Advising foreign and local underwriters with respect to the local and international underwriting and placement agreements.
- Advised various housing developers in their housing projects ranging from high end condominiums, landed and niche development schemes including underwriting agreements.
- Advising oil and gas companies on various corporate matters.
- Acquisition of the shares of several local and foreign companies.
- Advised several public listed companies in their various corporate exercises.
- Advocate and Solicitor, High Court of Malaya (1995)
- LL.B (Hons), University of Hull, UK (1992)
- Independent Non-Executive Director of Prestariang Berhad