Aufa Radzi is a partner of the firm focusing on litigation and dispute resolution. She specializes in breach of contract, tort and commercial disputes. She is experienced in handling appeals, judicial review, setting aside and stay applications at the High Court and the Court of Appeal including arbitration-related court proceedings.
She has advised and acted for various multi-national corporations, banks, local and overseas companies for debt recovery cases up to the execution proceedings. Her current portfolio involves banking and finance litigation, restructuring and insolvency, land disputes, commercial litigation and arbitration.
She spent 4 years in Ankara, Turkey and obtained a Master’s degree in International Relations from Hacettepe University under the Turkish Government scholarship. She speaks Turkish having obtained a C1 Certificate from the School of Foreign Language (TOMER), Hacettepe University, Ankara. She interned with Pekin&Pekin Law firm in Istanbul and gained insight into the Turkish legal practice. She is currently one of the Committee Members of the Malaysian Turkish Alumni Network (MATAN).
Aufa Radzi büromuzun kıdemli avukatlarından olup, dava ve alternatif uyuşmazlık çözüm yollarına odaklanmaktadır. Sözleşme ihlali, haksız fiil ve ticari uyuşmazlıklar konusunda uzmanlaşmıştır. Tahkimle ilgili mahkeme işlemleri de dahil olmak üzere, Yüksek Mahkeme ve Temyiz Mahkemesi'ndeki adli incelemeyi yürütme, başvuruları iptal etme ve durdurma konusunda deneyimlidir.
Çeşitli çok uluslu şirketlere, bankalara, yerli ve yabancı şirketlere, alacak tahsili konusunda dava sürecinden icra takibine kadar danışmanlık ve vekillik yapmıştır. Mevcut portföyü, bankacılık ve finans davaları, konkordato ve iflas, arazi anlaşmazlıkları, ticari davalar ve tahkimi içermektedir.
Türkiye Bursları kapsamında, Ankara’da bulunan Hacettepe Üniversitesi'nden uluslararası ilişkiler alanında yüksek lisans derecesi almıştır. Ayrıca, Hacettepe Üniversitesi Yabancı Diller Yüksek Okulu (TÖMER)’den Türkçe C1 Sertifikası almıştır.
İstanbul'da Türkiye’nin en önde gelen hukuk bürolarından Pekin&Pekin Hukuk Bürosu'nda staj yapmış ve Türk hukukunun uygulaması hakkında ilk elden bilgi edinmiştir. Halen Malezya Türk Mezunlar Ağı (MATAN) Komite Üyeleri arasında yer almaktadır.
Key Practice Areas
- Commercial Litigation and Arbitration
- Banking and Finance
- Restructuring and Insolvency
- Civil Litigation
- Land Disputes and Land Acquisition
- Professional Liability
- Acted as co-counsel for Brunsfield Group in a judicial review against the state government on land development matter.
- Acted as co-counsel for major banks in actions against borrowers and guarantors involving loan facilities and foreclosures.
- Acted for several public-listed companies and Government Link Companies (GLCs) including Permodalan Nasional Bhd, Sime Darby Bhd, Employees Provident Fund, Brunsfield, Guthrie and Lafarge in contractual disputes.
- Advised a company on potential claims arising out of a Share Sales Agreement including misrepresentations and breach of warranty.
- Acted for the Employees Provident Fund to recover arrears of contributions from employers.
- Acted as co-counsel in an arbitration involving Mission Biofuel.
- Acted as co-counsel for insurers in an arbitration under the Malaysian Bar Professional Indemnity Insurance Scheme.
- Acted as co-counsel for the New Straits Times and their editors and reporters to defend several defamations suits.
- Acted as co-counsel for a mining company for encroachment of land.
- Acted for landlords for breach of tenancy agreements.
- Acted for Lembaga Lebuhraya Malaysia in land acquisition cases for claims for higher compensation.
- Acted for a major developer and contractor Brunsfield Group to quash a land acquisition on the ground of mala fide.
- Acted as co-counsel in professional negligence suits under the Malaysian Bar insurance scheme.
- Acted as counsel for various companies and banks in bankruptcy and winding-up proceedings against borrowers and guarantors.
- Master’s in International Relations, Hacettepe University, Turkey (2019)
- Advocate and Solicitor, High Court of Malaya (2010)
- LL.B (Hons), International Islamic University Malaysia (2009)
- Co-Author, Covid-19 : Is it a force majeure event or ground for frustration of contract? Skrine Alerts, 19 March 2020
- Author, Super-Injunction, Skrine’s Legal Insights, 2/2012.
- Author, Is Time of the Essence? – A Commentary on the Berjaya Times Square v M-Concept Case, 2/2010.
- Assisted in writing a chapter on the Restrictive Covenants and Trade Secrets in Employment Law.
- Presented a talk on Insurance Law, University of Malaya, 2012.
- Co-presented a workshop on Defamation Law, Bursa Stock Exchange Malaysia, 2010.