Mr Lee retired from active practice with the firm in 2015. Prior to his retirement, he was Skrine’s Senior Partner as well as Head of the Intellectual Property Division.
His niche practice is Intellectual Property (IP) law, particularly in Patents, Trademarks, Copyright, Designs and Confidential Information, which started in 1973.
Since 1992, he has been a Notary Public, a public position given by the Attorney General of Malaysia to a limited number of Senior Legal Practitioners in Malaysia.
Since his retirement, he has been focusing on mentoring and giving his insight to the associates and pupils on the essential qualities required of good lawyers which is the subject matter of his latest book “Unmasking the Foundations of Good Lawyers”.
- Notary Public
- Patent Agent
- Design Agent
- Trade Mark Agent
- Advocate and Solicitor of the High Court of Brunei (1996) (Non-Practising)
- Advocate and Solicitor of the High Court of Singapore (1991) (Non-Practising)
- Advocate and Solicitor of the High Court of Malaya (1973).
- Barrister-at-Law (Gray’s Inn) (1972)
- Chairman, ICC Malaysia (the Malaysian Chapter of the International Chamber of Commerce), December 2012 (Vice Chairman, since February 2004)
- Member, Executive Board of ICC Malaysia
- Member, Federation of Malaysian Manufacturers (FRIM) Ethical Business Practice Committee
- Member, ICC (Malaysia) IP Committee
- Member, Legal Affairs Committee of The Associated Chinese Chamber of Commerce of Malaysia (ACCCIM)
- Former Associate Editor, “Trademark World”
- Former Editor, “IP Asia”
- Member, Malaysian Intellectual Property Association (MIPA)
- Member, Asian Patent Attorneys Association (APAA)
- Member, International Trademark Association (INTA)
Authored the following publications/articles:
- Author, “Unmasking the Foundation of Good Lawyers”, 2018.
- Author, “Trademarks Source Book for Malaysian Businessmen”, 2005.
- Author, “Marketing for Young Lawyers”, 2005.
- Author, “Brands – The Need to Be Legally Strong” together with another co-author, 2002.
- Author, “IP in Malaysia – IP Profiles”, IP Asia, 2001.
- Author, “Alternative Enforcement to Trade Mark Rights – Managing Intellectual Property, Trademark Yearbook 2000”, 2000
- Author, “Recent Legislative Developments in IP Malaysia”, IP 2000 World Desk Reference, Lex Mundi, 2000
- Co-author, “Countermeasures Against Infringement”, Japan External Trade Organisation Publication, 1999 & 2000.
- Author, “Product Fraud: Counterfeiting Goods Suppression”, June 1993.
- Author, “Malaysian IP Rights in Outline”, 1991
Delivered the following presentations:
- Presenter, “The Role of Arbitration in Intellectual Property Disputes” at the International Conference on Settlement of International Commercial Disputes, October 2003.
- “Lee Tatt Boon offers a wealth of experience gained over four decades of experience in this field (Intellectual Property).” - Chambers Asia Pacific 2015
- “Senior Statesman: Distinguished Older Partner [in Intellectual Property who] offers a wealth of expertise gained over four decades of experience in the field”. - Chambers Asia Pacific 2015