Joey graduated from the University of Reading with LL.B (Hons) in 2016. She completed the Bar Professional Training Course in London, United Kingdom and called to the Bar as a Barrister-at-Law at Lincoln’s Inn in 2017. She was then admitted as an Advocate and Solicitor of the Malaysian Bar in 2018. Joey is now an associate in the Mergers & Acquisitions and Corporate Advisory and Transactions practice.
Merger and Acquisitions
- Acted as Malaysian counsel for a leading company in the paint and coating industry in its acquisition of an adhesive and sealant manufacturing company for a total consideration of RM540 million.
- Advised and assisted a freight forwarding company listed on the Main Market of Bursa Malaysia on the dilution of its 30% equity interest in its wholly-owned subsidiary pursuant to the investment of RM125 million by a government-private sponsored fund in Japan.
- Advised and assisted the vendors on the disposal of the entire equity interest in a fully integrated electronic manufacturing company to a listed company in Malaysia for a total consideration of RM250 million.
- Advised and assisted a logistics company listed on the Main Market of Bursa Malaysia in respect of the acquisition of 2 cold chain logistics company in Sabah.
Corporate Advisory and Transactions
- Advised foreign listed companies in relation to the regulatory requirements in Malaysia with respect to the participation of the Malaysian shareholders in their proposed scrip dividend scheme.
- Advised and assisted various foreign clients in respect of setting up a presence in Malaysia, including setting up private limited companies and representative offices.
- Advocate and Solicitor, High Court of Malaya (2018)
- Barrister-at-Law (Lincoln’s Inn) (2017)
- LL.B (Hons), University of Reading (2016)
Key Practice Areas
- Merger and Acquisitions
- Corporate Advisory and Transactions