Nadhil is a litigator with experience across a wide range of practice areas including commercial, civil, aviation and land disputes, with specialisation in fraud and asset recovery. He regularly handles disputes at all tiers of Malaysian courts for trials, appeals and interlocutory applications, including for stay applications, enforcement proceedings as well as contempt proceedings.
His dispute resolution portfolio has him work closely with a diverse array of government-linked companies, government agencies, multinational organisations based in Malaysia, the United Kingdom, the United States, Switzerland and Singapore.
Nadhil obtained his LL. B (Hons) from the International Islamic University of Malaysia in 2016, where he was awarded the Overall Best Oralist for the National Round of the Philip C. Jessup International Law Moot Court Competition 2016. He continues to have a strong relationship with his alma mater by regularly coaching student-mooters and adjudicating national and regional level moot competitions.
Key Practice Areas
- Commercial Litigation & Company Law
- Fraud and Asset Recovery
- Civil Litigation
- Aviation Disputes
- Land Law
- International Organisation
- Part of the legal team which is advising a state government statutory body in relation to a development agreement revolving a dispute of approximately RM500 million.
- Acted as junior counsel for a major government agency in a claim for a disputed sum of approximately RM52 million arising from non-performance of a contract.
- Acted as junior counsel in successful applications for stay of execution at the Court of Appeal and the Federal Court respectively.
- Advised and worked closely with a former Group CEO of a group of companies under the umbrella of an established local university in respect of any potential claims against the university.
- Part of the legal team which advised a state religious council on a piece of land purchased in another jurisdiction with the total contractual price of exceeding USD 4 million.
- Acting as junior counsel in the Sessions Court to defend an action by moneylenders.
- Acted as junior counsel in a successful claim in the High Court against several individuals and companies premised on fraudulent trading for dissipation of assets in anticipation of judgment.
- Acted as junior counsel in a claim against several individuals and companies for fraudulent misrepresentations made to induce an individual to join the group of companies.
- Acted as lead counsel in a 7-day trial with a total of 12 witnesses in an action against a local government.
- Acted as lead counsel in a hearing at the High Court to resist an application to transfer proceedings from the High Court to the Sessions Court.
- Acted as junior counsel in resisting applications for stay of execution at the High Court and the Court of Appeal.
- Acted for an international air carrier in respect of a dispute in the Sessions Court on delivery of cargo under the Carriage by Air Act 1974.
- Part of the legal team which advised international private jet charter company on the powers of the Malaysian Aviation Commission (MAVCOM) before, during and after an inquiry.
- Assisted in advising a leading London firm of solicitors on certain insurance and re-insurance aspects of the missing MH370 flight.
- Providing legal assistance to a US citizen who was a pro se plaintiff in the District Court of Guam.
- Acting for a client in defending a claim in the High Court in respect of a land dispute involving a land with a value of at least RM2.2 million.
- Acted for an established local company in the business of landlord and tenancy in several disputes with tenants.
- Assisted in advising an international body on its status as an international organisation under the International Organizations (Privileges and Immunities) Act 1992 and the relevant privileges and immunities which may be conferred thereunder.
- Assisted in advising an international body on the relevant immigration laws in Sabah.
- Co-Author, “Air passenger rights curtailed by the Covid-19 pandemic”, published by the International Law Office on its Aviation Newsletter.
- Co-Author, “Now everyone can fly… with even fewer headaches! Amendments to MAVCOM Protection Code”, published by the International Law Office on its Aviation Newsletter.
- Author, “Lewdness in Flight”, published by the International Law Office (ILO) on the ILO Aviation Newsletter.
- Speaker, “Conducting Research & Developing Written Submissions” organised by the International Islamic University of Malaysia.
- Advocate and Solicitor, High Court of Malaya (2017)
- LL.B (Hons), International Islamic University of Malaysia (2016)
- TNT Express Worldwide (M) Sdn Bhd V. Mega Security Devices (M) Sdn Bhd  7 CLJ 490
- Tekun Nasional v Plenitude Drive (M) Sdn Bhd (and Another Appeal)  8 AMR 427
- Skrine (claiming as a firm) v NS Water Consortium Sdn Bhd  10 MLJ 190