Kar Man is an associate in the Litigation and Arbitration practice, with experience in Banking and Finance Litigation, and Restructuring and Insolvency.
Key Practice Areas
Litigation and Arbitration
Banking and Finance Litigation
Restructuring and Insolvency
- Assisted in the Federal Court case of Maple Amalgamated Sdn Bhd & Anor v Bank Pertanian Malaysia Bhd  8 CLJ 409 which involved a novel point of law in relation to the compatibility of Bai Bithamin Ajil financing and section 214A of the National Land Code.
- Assisted in the Court of Appeal case of Liew Hon Kong v Bank Pertanian Malaysia Bhd  MLJU 1389 which involved the interpretation of the saving provision in the Bankruptcy (Amendment) Act 2017.
- Acted for listed company in defending an action brought by its former director for alleged loss of profit in the region of RM16 million to RM30 million.
- Acted for government-linked Indian financial institution in a recovery action against Labuan companies for approximately USD 8 million.
- Acted for syndicated financiers with a collective liability of approximately RM100 million in a judicial management matter involving subsidiaries of a listed oil and gas company.
- Acted for major accounting firms in Malaysia in various matters relating to winding-up and receivership.
- Acted for local banks in various debt recovery suits in the High Court.
- Advocate and Solicitor, High Court of Malaya (2018)
- Barrister-at-Law (Lincoln’s Inn) (2016)
- LL.B (Hons), University of Liverpool (2015)