Hazel Binsilyn Bachi Associate

Contact
T +603 2081 3999 ext 803
E hazel.bachi@skrine.com
 

Overview

Hazel is an associate in the firm’s Corporate Division and a member of the firm’s Mergers & Acquisitions and Energy Practice Groups.

Key practice areas:

  • Mergers & Acquisitions
  • Oil & Gas and Energy
  • Corporate Advisory
 

Note: This list includes engagements completed prior to joining Skrine. 

  • Assisted StarHub Ltd., one of the four major telecommunications company in Singapore listed on the Singapore Exchange in relation to its acquisition of a majority stake in Strateq Sdn. Bhd., a Malaysia-based leading data-driven business solutions and information and communications provider that serves government customers across Malaysia, Netherlands, Singapore, China, Hong Kong, Thailand and the United States 

  • Assisted Beijing Integrated Circuit Advanced Manufacturing and High-End Equipment Equity Investment Fund Center (Limited Partnership) in relation to its acquisition of 40% stake in SilTerra Malaysia Sdn. Bhd. (“SilTerra”) which is expected to be completed alongside the acquisition of the remaining 60% stake in SilTerra by its strategic partner, Dagang NeXchange Berhad

  • Assisted a foreign company to conduct legal due diligence of the operating entities based in Malaysia that are in the business of providing harbour tug services

Note: This list includes engagements completed prior to joining Skrine. 

 
  • Advised foreign companies on the applicable licensing regime and foreign equity restrictions in respect of the distribution and retail business in Malaysia 

  • Advised a foreign company listed on the New York Stock Exchange on the proposed structure of the joint venture to be established in Malaysia to meet the Bumiputera requirements in the licenses or registration issued by PETRONAS

  • Advised a foreign company on the advertising and marketing, product quality and religion related requirements of its “zero alcohol” or “alcohol free” products in Malaysia 

  • Advised a foreign company on the regulation of the sale and marketing activities of lubricant products in Malaysia

  • Advised a foreign company on the applicable licensing regime of its insulin manufacturing and R&D facility based in Malaysia 

  • Advised a Singaporean company on the applicable foreign equity restrictions and possible corporate structures to meet the equity requirements in the relevant approvals issued by PETRONAS and the Ministry of Finance

  • Assisted in the application to obtain prior approval from the Securities Commission for a change in the controller of a registered capital market services provider (“Registered Person”) triggered by the disposal of a majority stake in the controller of the Registered Person

  • Advocate and Solicitor, High Court of Malaya (2019)
  • Barrister-at-Law (Gray’s Inn) (2018)
  • LL.B (Hons), University of Warwick (2017)