Dhanyaa Shreeya is an associate in the firm's Employment and Maritime & Shipping practice.
Key Practice Areas:
- Employment Advisory & Compliance
- Civil Litigation
- Maritime & Shipping
- Medical Negligence
- Assisted in defending a client charged with anti-corruption offences in one of the 1MDB cases in Malaysia.
- Advised companies on anti-corruption and anti-money laundering laws and practice in Malaysia.
- Undertook settlement negotiations and participated in mediation sessions to amicably settle disputes.
- Assisted in defending a Hospital in a medical malpractice claim worth RM2 million instituted by a patient who had suffered severe brain damage at birth.
- Assisted in successfully striking out a medical malpractice claim in excess of RM1 million.
- Assisted in defending doctors at the Malaysian Medical Council, Disciplinary Board inquiries.
- Assisted in advising a Dutch firm on the merits of a claim for breach of contract in respect of an agreement for construction and sale of offshore accommodation modules.
- Assisted in advising an oil and gas exploration company on the merits of a potential demurrage claim in excess of US$500,000.
- Assisted in defending clients charged with offences such as murder, cheating, criminal intimidation, harassment, and white-collar crimes.
- Advocate and Solicitor, High Court of Malaya (2018)
- Barrister-at-Law, Lincoln's Inn (2017)
- LL.B, Cardiff University (2016)