Skrine Webinar | Discrimination in the Workplace
29 November 2022
The Employment (Amendment) Act 2022 that comes into force on 1 January 2023 empowers the Director General of Labour to inquire into and decide any dispute between an employee and his employer in respect of any matter relating to discrimination in employment, following which the Director General may make an order. This in effect enables any employee to lodge a complaint of discrimination, that has not been resolved internally, with the Director General. This webinar will explore the risks organisations could be exposed to, steps they may take to prevent potential disputes being referred to the Director General and the exposure that may come with such litigation. We have pulled together an esteemed panel of speakers from around the world to share with us their experience and expertise in advising on and litigating discrimination claims.
- Selvamalar Alagaratnam, Partner, Head of Employment practice, Skrine
- Ajay Singh Solanki, Leader, Labour & Employment Law Practice, Nishith Desai Associates
- Yvonne Frederiksen, Partner LLM, Norrbom Vinding
- Lloyd B. Chinn, Partner, Proskauer Rose LLP
- Sarah Rey, Founding Partner, Justitia Lawyers and Consultants