Additional Eligibility Criteria for Manufacturing Licences
26 February 2019
- The Capital Investment Per Employee (CIPE) for the project must be at least RM140,000.00;
- The total full-time workforce of the company must comprise at least 80% Malaysians. Employment of foreign workers including outsourced workers is subject to current policies; and
- At least 25% of the company’s full time workforce must be managerial, technical, and supervisory staff with degree and/or diploma/certificate or the product’s value added must be at least 40%;
The above requirements are in addition to the existing requirements that -
- The company must have shareholders’ funds of RM2,500,000.00 and above; or
- Employ 75 or more full-time paid employees.
The additional eligibility criteria had been announced by MIDA in the March 2018 issue of its Newsletter.
The criteria set out in sub-paragraphs (a) and (b) do not apply to the manufacturing of optical discs.