Our Mergers & Acquisition practice is broad-based and reflects the diversity of our clients as well as the businesses and industries which they represent. Our extensive experience is in both domestic and cross-border transactions.
The firm has proven track record of high-value cross-border related transactions representing blue chip Malaysian corporates as well as international clients. The department has particular expertise in advising on insurance sector M&A as well as high value energy industry transactions.
Our scope includes:
- Advising clients on the regulatory regime
- Structuring the transaction
- Undertaking legal due diligence
- Drafting and negotiating transaction documents including sale and purchase of shares/business agreements and related documents, assisting in completion of conditions precedent, assisting at completion including transfer of employees, if necessary
- Drafting and negotiating joint venture, shareholders’ agreements, trademark licensing agreements
- Where the target company or party is a public listed company, advising on related issues.