||Kuek Pei Yee
Partner, Intellectual Property Division
Tel: 603 - 2081 3999 ext 853 / 708
Fax: 603 - 2094 3211
Kuek Pei Yee joined the Intellectual Property Division of Skrine as an associate in 2000. She is a registered Patent Agent, Trade Mark Agent and Industrial Designs Agent in Malaysia.
Pei Yee’s areas of practice include general advisory and registration prosecution of trade marks, patents and industrial designs; general advisory in respect of copyright works; litigation and enforcement of intellectual property rights; franchising and licensing; and intellectual property due diligence.
Areas of Practice
Copyright Advisory, Copyright Disputes, Designs Advisory, Designs Disputes, Franchising & Licensing, Patents Advisory, Patents Disputes, Trademarks Advisory, Trademarks Disputes, Trade Descriptions, Trade Secrets/Confidential Information, Technology Transfer.
Member of Malaysian Intellectual Property Association
Member of the International Chamber of Commerce, Malaysia – Intellectual Property Committee
Advocate & Solicitor, High Court of Malaya
LLB (Hons), The University of Melbourne, Australia
B. Commerce, The University of Melbourne, Australia
Trade Mark Agent
Industrial Designs Agent
- General advisory work on trademarks, copyright, design, patent and trade secrets/confidential information.
- Advising on and drafting of contracts in intellectual property related areas eg. licensing, franchising, distributorships and contract manufacturing.
- Drafting and negotiating contracts relating to the exploitation of intellectual property rights eg. supply of products and services, non-disclosure, confidentiality, transfer of technology, research and development.
- Conducting corporate due diligence exercises, dealing specifically with issues concerning the creation, ownership and transfer of intellectual property rights that are part and parcel of corporate exercises.
- Advising on labelling requirements for certain products imported into and/or sold in Malaysia.
- Advising on the operation of the Common Gaming Houses Act 1950, Consumer Protection Act 1999, Trade Descriptions Act 1972.
- Advising on the guidelines relating to advertisements, promotions and contests.
- Appearing in the High Court of Malaya for interlocutory hearings and trials in cases involving trade mark, patent and copyright infringement, passing off, breach of confidentiality and breach of contract.
- Attending to raids conducted by the Enforcement Division, Ministry of Domestic Trade based on complaints of false trade descriptions.
Authored/Co-authored the following articles/chapters:
- Co-author of the article “Recent Legislative Developments in Intellectual Property in Malaysia”, IP Profiles published by Euromoney Publications (Jersey) Limited (2000).
- Co-author of the chapter “E-Commerce and Telecommunications in Malaysia”, in The New Project Finance for Asia: Emerging Opportunities, Emerging Solutions published by Euromoney Publications (Jersey) Limited (2000).
- Co-author of the article “An IP Strategy for Malaysia”, Building and Enforcing Intellectual Property Value: An international Guide for the Boardroom 2003 published by Globe White Page (2002).
- Co-author of chapter “IP Strategy: A Malaysian Perspective” in IP Client Strategies in Asia published by Aspatore Books (2010).
- Author of articles in Skrine’s newsletter, Legal Insights – “And the Winner is …” (2004), “A Throw of Dice: Determining the Life of a Design” (2006) and “Budding Inventors Be(A)ware!!!” (2009)
Asia Pacific Legal 500 2013
6 partners are listed as Leading Lawyers in the Asia Pacific Legal 500 2013.
>> READ MORE
Chambers Asia-Pacific 2013
13 partners are ranked as Chambers Leading Lawyers 2013.
>> READ MORE
ALB 2012 Corporate M&A Rankings
Skrine's Corporate & M&A Practice Group was ranked in Tier 1 by the Asian Legal Business (ALB) Magazine's 2012, Corporate M&A Rankings (Malaysia).
For more information on the rankings, please click here.
Who's Who Legal 2012
We are pleased to announce that 10 of our lawyers have been listed as leading individuals in the Who's Who Legal – The International Who's Who of Business Lawyers 2012.
>> READ MORE
[ Archives ]