||Lee Tatt Boon
Senior Partner, Intellectual Property Division
Tel: 603 - 2081 3999 ext 733
Fax: 603 - 2094 3211
Lee Tatt Boon is the Senior Partner of Skrine. He has more than 40 years experience in intellectual property law, in particular copyright, patent and design, trade mark and trade practices law. He is also a registered Trade Mark Agent, registered Design Agent and Patent Agent as well as a Notary Public. Born in Ipoh, Malaysia on 24th May 1949, Lee Tatt Boon studied law at Gray’s Inn, London and was conferred a Barrister-at-Law in 1972. In January 1981, Lee Tatt Boon became a partner of the firm.
Areas of Practice
Character Merchandising, Copyright Advisory, Designs Advisory, Entertainment, Franchising & Licensing, Media, Patents Advisory, Trademarks Advisory, Trade Descriptions, Trade Secrets/ Confidential Information.
Elected Chairman of ICC Malaysia (the Malaysian Chapter of the International Chamber of Commerce) in December 2012 and was Vice Chairman since February 2004.
Federation of Malaysian Manufacturers (FRIM) Ethical Business Practice Committee
ICC (Malaysia) IP Committee
Legal Affairs Committee of The Associated Chinese Chamber of Commerce of Malaysia (ACCCIM)
Former Associate Editor of “Trademark World” and Former Editor of “IP Asia”.
Member of the Malaysian Intellectual Property Association (MIPA), Asian Patent Attorneys Association (APAA), International Trademark Association (INTA).
Barrister-at-Law, Gray’s Inn, London
Barrister of the High Court in England in 1972.
Advocate and Solicitor of the High Court of Malaya in 1973.
Advocate and Solicitor of the High Court of Singapore in 1991 and in the High Court of Brunei in 1996.
Trade Mark Agent
Authored/Co-authored the following articles and publications:
- “Countermeasures Against Infringement” (Japan External Trade Organisation Publication) together with another co-author, 1999 & 2000.
- “Malaysian IP Rights in Outline”, 1991
- “Product Fraud: Counterfeiting Goods Suppression”, June 1993
- “Alternative Enforcement to Trade mark Rights – Managing Intellectual Property Trademark Yearbook 2000”
- “Recent Legislative Developments in IP Malaysia” – IP 2000 World Desk Reference by Lex Mundi
- “IP in Malaysia – IP Profiles” – IP Asia, 2001
- “Brands – The Need To Be Legally Strong” together with another co-author, 2002
- “Trademarks Source Book for Malaysian Businessmen”, 2005
- “Marketing for Young Lawyers”, 2005
Delivered a presentation on “The Role of Arbitration in Intellectual Property Disputes” at the International Conference on Settlement of International Commercial Disputes, October 2003
Asia Pacific Legal 500 2013
6 partners are listed as Leading Lawyers in the Asia Pacific Legal 500 2013.
>> READ MORE
Chambers Asia-Pacific 2013
13 partners are ranked as Chambers Leading Lawyers 2013.
>> READ MORE
ALB 2012 Corporate M&A Rankings
Skrine's Corporate & M&A Practice Group was ranked in Tier 1 by the Asian Legal Business (ALB) Magazine's 2012, Corporate M&A Rankings (Malaysia).
For more information on the rankings, please click here.
Who's Who Legal 2012
We are pleased to announce that 10 of our lawyers have been listed as leading individuals in the Who's Who Legal – The International Who's Who of Business Lawyers 2012.
>> READ MORE
[ Archives ]