The White Collar Crime Practice Group has provided advisory services on all forms of white-collar crime including insider trading, criminal breach of trust, corruption and bribery, money laundering, market manipulation and false trading. We also provide consultative advice on how to conduct investigations into fraud and the setting up and improvement of protocols, guidelines and best practices in organisations to deal with fraud. The practice also handles asset recovery and restitution claims arising from all forms of corporate, commercial, securities and banking fraud.
- Contributor of the Malaysian chapter of the "Guide to Anti- Corruption Regulation in Asia" published by Herbert Smith.
- We have defended multinationals who have been issued with summons in respect criminal offences related to alleged breaches of environmental law, the Foods Act and the Occupational Safety and Health Act.
- Advised a former director of a public listed company on criminal liability as a result of alleged breaches of securities law and capital markets and company legislation as prosecuted by the by Malaysian Securities Commission.
- Advised a multinational on potential exposure and statutory liabilities under the Malaysian Anti Corruption Commission regime.
- We have presented talks on the Malaysian Anti Corruption Act 2005 to corporate clients and at international conferences.
- Our Securities team has also provided advisory services in respect of prosecutions arising from other breaches of securities and banking, corporate and capital markets legislation.