SKRINE’s Competition Practice Group combines the synergies of more than 10 years experience of regulatory and legal management of multinational corporations and cross-border compliance work with an in-depth knowledge of Malaysian competition law and policy.
The firm has been at the forefront of competition law in Malaysia since the formulation of Malaysia’s competition policy and the enactment of the Competition Act 2010 . It provides a full range of competition law services.
SKRINE was named as the ASIAN-MENA Firm of the Year 2011 for its Anti-Trust/Competition Practice, by the Pacific Business Press based on a survey of 17,000 in-house counsel and senior corporate management across the Asian and Middle East region.
The depth of experience across all practice areas enables the practice group to offer a wide range of services to clients, these include:-
Competition Advisory Work
- We advise on a range of competition law issues including reviewing potential anti-competitive agreements and practice, advising on the implications of commercial agreements and assisting clients by preventing their suppliers, customers and competitors from carrying out anti-competitive strategies and/or practices against their businesses
Legislation Drafting and Policy Advice
- We assist in reviewing and drafting of competition legislation and policy/guidelines formulation.
- We advise clients on any legislative updates relating to the Malaysian competition law.
- We assist in updating existing processes to ensure compliance.
- We assist in drafting and establishing internal Competition policies, compliance procedures and protocol.
- We support awareness training and annual update courses.
- We train the trainers.
- We provide technical training to in-house legal counsel.
Applications to the Malaysia Competition Commission
- We assist clients in making applications to the Malaysian Competition Commission for block exemptions under the Competition Act 2010.
- We analyse a company's degree of compliance and recommend areas and action to be taken.
- We assist in reviewing internal processes and agreements of companies.
- We assist companies from a cross-section of industries in drafting and structuring compliance programmes and “dawn raid” protocols as well as advising on how to handle investigations conducted by competition regulators.
- We support clients’ in-house counsel to defend against anti-competitive practice charges.
- We assist in managing investigations into any alleged anti-competitive practices.