||Kok Chee Kheong
Partner, Corporate Division
Tel: 603 - 2081 3999 ext 723
Fax: 603 - 2094 3211
Kok Chee Kheong joined Skrine as an associate in 1983 and was admitted as a Partner in 1990. He has been involved in the practice of corporate and securities law since his admission to the Malaysian Bar in 1983.
Areas of Practice
Acquisitions, Mergers & Takeover, Joint Ventures.
Member of the Inter-Pacific Bar Association
Advocate & Solicitor, High Court of Malaya
LLB (1st Class Hons) Malaya
- Represented clients in not less than 20 initial public offerings of shares in Malaysia. These include clients involved in the banking, stockbroking, motor industry, manufacturing and education sectors.
- One of the principal solicitors involved in the first call warrants issue in Malaysia.
- Represented the principal parties involved in the restructuring and reverse take-over of several companies listed on Bursa Malaysia.
- He was the principal solicitor involved in 7 listed debt securities and/or quasi-equity issues and was one of the solicitors involved in 4 other private debt securities and/or quasi-equity issues.
- Represented the lender in the local refinancing of the first privatised road infrastructure project in Malaysia.
- Has, on different occasions, represented lenders and borrowers in loan syndications in project financing, property development and refinancing of borrowings.
- Represented Pengurusan Danaharta Nasional Berhad (the Malaysian Asset Management Company) and its subsidiaries in various transactions, including advising on standard documentation, acquisition and disposal of loans and preparation of financing instruments.
- Has been involved in a debt restructuring exercise under the auspices of the Corporate Debt Restructuring Committee.
- Has advised the Special Administrators appointed pursuant to the Pengurusan Danaharta Nasional Berhad Act on a workout proposal and represented the Special Administrators in implementation of such proposal.
- Represented Skrine in dialogue sessions convened by the Securities Commission on securities regulation.
Delivered papers at several public forums held in Malaysia and overseas on public listings, joint ventures and the legal and regulatory framework for investments in Malaysia.
- Has contributed articles to the Current Law Journal, the Inter-Pacific Bar Association Journal and the Firm's Newsletter.