||Dato' Philip Chan Hon Keong
Partner, Corporate Division
Tel: 603 - 2081 3999 ext 728
Fax: 603 - 2094 3211
Dato' Philip Chan Hon Keong began legal practice in 1990 and joined Skrine as a partner in the Corporate Division in January 2001. He is a graduate of the University of Sydney and holds degrees in Economics and Law.
Dato' Philip has practised both as an Advocate and a Solicitor. As an Advocate he has handled matters at all levels of the judiciary right up to the Supreme Court, the forerunner of today’s Federal Court. The files handled include banking claims against guarantors, share trading matters.
As a Solicitor, he has been engaged to advise on matters including corporate banking matters, public floatation of companies including preparation of underwriting agreements and performing due diligence audits, commercial joint ventures, commercial property development etc.
Areas of Practice
Acquisitions, Mergers & Takeover, Asset Based Financing & Securitisation, Banking, Capital Markets, Corporate/ Debt Restructuring, Corporate Finance, Derivatives, Foreign Investments, Islamic Finance, Joint Ventures, Privatisation, Project Financing/ Venture Capital, Real Estate, Sports.
Advocate & Solicitor, High Court of Malaya
B.Ec/LL.B (Sydney University)
Engagements include :-
- Advising a public listed company (“PLC”) in a share sale and joint venture with one of the largest steel companies in the world.
- Advising Special Administrators in relation to a reverse take over of a PLC under special administration.
- Advising a PLC in relation to a bonus issue and transfer to Main Board.
- Advising a PLC in relation to its Employee Share Option Scheme.
- Advising a PLC in the issuance of warrants and subdivision of shares.
- Advising white knights in the reverse take over of a PLC.
- Advising a merchant bank in the issuance of commercial papers by a PLC.
- Advising a multinational utility company (“MNC”) in relation to the Malaysian approvals required for the MNC to make a bid for assets overseas.
- Advising receivers and managers in the sale of an abandoned housing project which involved a Section 176 Scheme of Arrangement.
- Acted for Vendors in the sale of a prominent office tower.
- Acted for Purchasers in the purchase of NPLs under the NPL Guidelines.
- Acted for an investor in subordinated bonds valued at RM3 billion issued by a leading bank holding company in Malaysia.
- Acted for a leading Bank in respect of Facilities totalling the sum of RM135 million granted by the Bank to a leading hotel group for purposes of refinancing their existing facilities and to finance the cost of construction of a hotel new wing and jetty.
- Acted for a leading American Bank which granted a loan to a Malaysian Bank. Loan sum of USD30 million.
- Acted for an investor which was the purchaser and lessor in a Sale and Leaseback Agreement dated 30th December 2009. Purchase consideration was RM302.450 million.