||Audrey Choo Pao Lin
Tel: 603 - 2081 3999 ext 852
Fax: 603 - 2094 3211
Audrey graduated from the University of Nottingham, United Kingdom with an LLB (Hons) in 1996 and was called to the Bar of England and Wales (Lincoln's Inn) in 1997. Upon completion of her pupillage at SKRINE, she joined the Firm as an associate in 1999 and was made a senior associate in July 2004. As an associate, she was a member of the Arbitration and Construction & Engineering Practice Group and worked principally for partners Vinayak Pradhan, Ivan Loo and Lim Chee Wee. Since 2006, she has assisted largely with the Firm’s client development initiatives and in crafting and implementing policy in this regard. She became a Partner in January 2011 and is principally responsible for client relationship management and business development initiatives, communications, media and publicity.
Areas of Practice
Arbitration (International & Domestic), Alternative Dispute Resolution, Construction & Engineering, Contracts, Corporate & Commercial Disputes
Advocate & Solicitor, High Court of Malaya
Barrister-at-Law, Lincoln’s Inn
LLB (Hons) University of Nottingham
Business Development, Communications, Publicity and Events
- Has organised numerous client related events for SKRINE in Singapore, Dubai and Kuala Lumpur including the SKRINE Conference in May 2007, the SKRINE Iskandar Development Region Talk in Singapore, October 2007, the SKRINE Dubai Seminar in April 2008 and the 48th Pacific Rim Advisory Council (PRAC) International Conference in October 2010.
- Manages the firm’s central data base for proposals, transactions and major work and recommends and implements best practices.
- In charge of the Firm’s external communications and publicity and coordinating initiatives in delivering the Firm.
Arbitration, Construction & Engineering
- Represented contractors, employers, engineers, architects and purchasers in litigation and arbitration in construction and building related disputes including disputes in respect of the construction of a coal/oil fired power station, a multi storey luxury hotel, a paper factory, a flour mill, 2 working jetties in Johor and a land filling contract.
- Amongst the major projects she has assisted as junior counsel are the following:-
- The Kapar Power Station
- Johor Port,
- Mandarin Oriental Hotel
- Assunta Hospital
- Assisting in preparation of various advices and opinions concerning the construction of coal/oil fired power station.
- Drafting of agreement for the engineering and commissioning of the upgrading of a bunkering fuel oil terminal.
- Arbitration-related Court work includes: obtained and resisted stay of Court proceedings pending arbitration, resisted and applied for the setting aside of arbitral awards, resisted a case stated, resisted declaration on arbitrator’s powers and obtained security for costs for arbitration proceedings.
- Advised and conducted preparation to resist calls on performance bonds, to obtain and resist Winding-up Petition based on certified sums, to resist interlocutory injunctions, committal proceedings and to compel placing of retention sums in trust fund.
- Resisted summary judgment and action in Court for specific performance of telecommunication-related contracts and ultimate settlement of disputes.
- Resisted Mareva and interlocutory injunctions.
- Represented suppliers and sub-contractors in debt recovery in Court.
Co-authored paper with Lim Chee Wee, partner of Skrine on "Claims Management: Defective Works, Contractual Rights and Remedies Upon Default and Common Law Rights and Remedies" which was presented by Lim Chee Wee at a Construction Claims Management Seminar in September 2001.
Asia Pacific Legal 500 2013
6 partners are listed as Leading Lawyers in the Asia Pacific Legal 500 2013.
>> READ MORE
Chambers Asia-Pacific 2013
13 partners are ranked as Chambers Leading Lawyers 2013.
>> READ MORE
ALB 2012 Corporate M&A Rankings
Skrine's Corporate & M&A Practice Group was ranked in Tier 1 by the Asian Legal Business (ALB) Magazine's 2012, Corporate M&A Rankings (Malaysia).
For more information on the rankings, please click here.
Who's Who Legal 2012
We are pleased to announce that 10 of our lawyers have been listed as leading individuals in the Who's Who Legal – The International Who's Who of Business Lawyers 2012.
>> READ MORE
[ Archives ]